Thursday, January 7, 2016

My inspiration

This cuteness is my kid, my inspiration, the reason I do anything. Adorable, silly, and my favorite person ever (but I'm biased). 

If it weren't for her, who knows where I would be today. She gave me purpose. Because of her I have "drive" and now know what my own dreams are. Yes, they are all closely tied to her, but they exist. 

If you had talked to me 10 years ago, I would have told you my only goals were to get an education and get married. But I wasn't doing anything to accomplish said goals. I felt stuck in a rut. Like I needed an education to get a better job but I needed a better job in order to pay for said education. (And to top it all off, I had no clue what to major in.) And like I had no options on the potential life mate end of things. Anyone I may have liked wasn't interested back or already taken. 

Today, I'm happily married. My daughter is two and a half. My purpose and all my dreams stem from the desire/need to care for and provide the best life possible for her. 

I know that in order to do this her dad (my husband) can't be the only one working (though he makes enough we could get away with it). I want her to watch me while growing up and know that anything is possible, that she can follow her dreams, whatever they may end up being. Even being a stay at home mom while pursuing her own dreams. I'm able to do multiple things I love all while being present in her life and making it to all the things she could possibly want me present for. At this point it's just the day to day little stuff with the occasional mom and me class or library story time. 

I get to take care of her (dream #1: stay at home mom) and I get to figure out how to run my own business making practical baby items to sell and/or donate (dream #2: doing something that benefits babies/kids). 


No comments:

Post a Comment